Saturday, November 15, 2025

The Brothers Johnson - Blast!

​

Today Marks The 43rd Anniversary of The Brothers Johnson’s 6th Studio Album “Blast!” Originally Released on November 16, 1982.

 

“Blast!” The Latest and the Greatest” is a studio compilation album by American funk and R&B duo The Brothers Johnson released in 1982 by A&M Records.

 

The album reached #32 on the U.S. Billboard Black LPs chart and at #138 on the U.S. Billboard Billboard Top LPs & Tapes chart.

 

Two songs new songs were released as singles from the compilation "Welcome to the Club" and

 

"Welcome to the Club"        reached #13 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Black Singles chart.

 

"I'm Giving You All of My Love" reached #75  on the U.S. Billboard Hot Black Singles chart.

 

“Blast!: The Latest and the Greatest” contains four new songs "Welcome to the Club," "Funk It," "I'm Giving You All of My Love," and "The Great Awaking". The rest of this compilation includes Quincy Jones-produced smashes ("Get the Funk out Ma Face," "Strawberry Letter #23," "Ain't We Funkin' Now," "Stomp," and "I'll Be Good to You"

 

Tracklisting

 

1. Funk It (Funkadelala)

2. Welcome To The Club

3. The Great Awaking

4. I'm Giving You All My Love

5. The Real Thing

6. Ain't We Funkin' Now

7. Strawberry Letter #23

8. Stomp!

9. Get The Funk Out Ma Face

10. I'll Be Good To You

 

By Romie Rome for Musique Funkology ©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sheila E. - The Glamorous Life

​ Today Marks The 42nd Anniversary of Sheila E’s Debut Studio Album “The Glamorous Life” Originally Released on June 4, 1984.   “The Glamoro...