Friday, November 14, 2025

Rufus - Masterjam

​

Today Marks The 46th Anniversary of Rufus & Chaka Khan's 8th Studio Album "Masterjam" Originally Released November 14, 1979.

 

"Masterjam" is the platinum-selling eighth studio album by funk band Rufus (and their fifth album featuring singer Chaka Khan), their debut on the MCA Records label following their purchase and dissolution of ABC Records, released in 1979.

 

Master jam was produced by Quincy Jones and was the band's fourth album to top Billboard's R&B Albums chart.

 

The album peaked at #14 on the U.S. Billboard Top LPs chart, and at #1 on Billboard's Top Soul LPs chart.

 

Three singles were released from the album "Do You Love What You Feel", "Any Love" and "I'm Dancing for Your Love".

 

"Do You Love What You Feel" peaked at #1 on Billboard's Hot R&B Songs chart and at #30 on The Billboard Hot 100 chart.

 

The second single "Any Love" peaked at #24 on Billboard's Hot R&B Songs chart and at #102 on The Billboard Hot 100 chart.

 

"I'm Dancing for Your Love" peaked at #43 on Billboard's Hot R&B Songs chart.

 

Tracklisting

 

1.  Do You Love What You Feel

2.  Any Love

3.  Heaven Bound

4.  Walk the Rockway

5.  Live in Me

6.  Body Heat

7.  I'm Dancing for Your Love

8.  What Am I Missing?

9.  Masterjam

 

By Romie Rome for Musique Funkology©

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sheila E. - The Glamorous Life

​ Today Marks The 42nd Anniversary of Sheila E’s Debut Studio Album “The Glamorous Life” Originally Released on June 4, 1984.   “The Glamoro...