
Today Marks The 53rd Anniversary of James Brown’s 34th Studio Album “Get on the Good Foot” Originally Released on “November 20, 1972”.
“Get On the Good Foot” is the 34th studio album by American funk and soul musician James Brown. It was released as a double LP on November 20, 1972, by Polydor Records.
The album peaked at #8 on the U.S. Billboard Soul LP's chart and at #68 on the U.S. Billboard Top LPs & Tapes chart.
Three songs were released as singles from the album "My Part/Make It Funky” "Get on the Good Foot" and "I Got a Bag of My Own".
"My Part/Make It Funky reached #68 on the U.S. Billboard Pop Singles chart.
The album’s title track "Get on the Good Foot" peaked at #1 on the U.S. Billboard R&B Singles chart and at #18 U.S. Pop Singles chart.
"I Got a Bag of My Own" peaked at #3 on the U.S. Billboard R&B Singles chart and at #44 U.S. Pop Singles chart.
Track-listing
1. Get on the Good Foot (Parts 1 & 2)
2. The Whole World Needs Liberation
3. Your Love Was Good for Me
4. Cold Sweat
5. Recitation by Hank Ballard
6. I Got a Bag of My Own
7. Nothing Beats a Failure (But a Try)
8. Lost Someone
9. Funky Side of Town
10. Please, Please
11. Ain't It a Groove
12. My Part/Make It Funky (Parts 3 & 4)
13. Dirty Harri
14. I Know It's True
By Romie Rome for Musique Funkology ©
No comments:
Post a Comment