Sunday, June 9, 2024

The Emotions - Rejoice


Today Marks The 47th Anniversary of The The Emotions’ 4th Studio Album “Rejoice” Originally Released on June 10, 1977.

“Rejoice” is a studio album by American R&B vocal group The Emotions, released in June 1977 by Columbia Records.
The album peaked at #1 on the U.S. Billboard Top R&B Albums chart and #7 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
Two hit singles were released from the album "Best of My Love" and "Don't Ask My Neighbors".
"Best of My Love" peaked #1 on both of the U.S. Billboard Hot Soul Singles chart and the U.S. Billboard Hot 100. The song also reached #11 on the Billboard Dance Club Songs chart.
"Don't Ask My Neighbors" peaked at #7 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Soul Singles chart and at #44 on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100.
"Best of My Love" won a Grammy for Best R&B Performance By a Duo or Group with Vocals, and an American Music Award for Favorite Soul/R&B Single. "Best of My Love" has also been certified Platinum in the US by the RIAA.
The album was certified platinum in the United States by RIAA.
Track-listing
1. Best of My Love
2. A Feeling Is
3. A Long Way to Go
4. Key to My Heart
5. Love's What's Happenin'
6. How'd I Know That Love Would Slip Away
7. Don't Ask My Neighbors
8. Blessed
9. Rejoice
By Romie Rome for Musique Funkology.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Taste of Honey - Another Taste

Today Marks The 45th Anniversary of A Taste of Honey’s 2nd Studio Album “Another Taste” Originally Released on June 18, 1979. “Another Tast...