Saturday, May 11, 2024

Teena Marie - La Doña

Today Marks The 20th Anniversary of Teena Marie’s 11th Studio Album “La Doña” Originally Released on May 11, 2004.
“La Doña” is the eleventh studio album by Teena Marie, released on Cash Money Records.
The album peaked at #3 on the U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and at #6 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
Two songs were released as singles from the album "Still in Love" and “A Rose By Any Other Name"
"Still in Love" peaked at #23 on the U.S. Billboard Hot R&B Singles chart.
The song was nominated for a Grammy Award in 2005 in the category Best Female R&B Vocal Performance.
“A Rose By Any Other Name" peaked at #53 on the U.S. Billboard Hot R&B Singles chart.
She performed "My Body's Hungry" on The Parkers in 2000.
Track-listing
1. La Doña-Intro
2. I'm Still In Love
3. Honey Call
4. Baby I'm Your Fiend
5. My Body's Hungry
6. A Rose By Any Other Name
7. Off The Chain
8. Makavelli Never Lied
9. Revelations 3:8 Introduction
10. Recycle Hate To Love
11. The Mackin' Game
12. I Love Him Too
13. I Got You
14. Hit Me Where I Live
15. High Yellow Girl
16. Black Rain
17. I'm On Fire
By Romie Rome for Musique Funkology.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ohio Players - Jass-Ay-Lay-Dee

Today Marks The 46th Anniversary of The Ohio Players’ 11th Studio Album “Jass-Ay-Lay-Dee” Originally Released on July 24, 1978. “Jass-Ay-Lay...