Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Atlantic Starr - We're Movin' Up

Today Marks The 35th Anniversary of Atlantic Starr’s 8th Studio Album “We're Movin' Up” Originally Released on May 22, 1989.
“We're Movin' Up is an album by the American band Atlantic Starr, released in 1989 on Warner Bros. Records.
The album reached #25 on the U.S. Billboard Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums chart and at #125 on the U.S. Billboard 200 chart.
The singles were released from the album "My First Love", "My Sugar" and "Bring It Back Home Again".
"My First Love" peaked at #1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Black Singles chart.
"My Sugar" reached #25 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Black Singles chart.
"Bring It Back Home Again" was their third single from the album it failed to reach the Billboard charts.
The album was produced by brothers and bandmembers David Lewis and Wayne Lewis. Singer Porsha Martin replaced Barbara Weathers; Jonathan Lewis joined on keyboards.
The band supported the album with a North American tour that included a stint with Surface.
Track-listing
1. Under Your Spell
2. Bring It Back Home Again
3. I'm In Love With You
4. Don't Start The Fire
5. Love Ain't Fair
6. My First Love
7. Woman's Touch
8. Friends
9. We're Movin' Up
10. My Sugar
11. I Can't Wait
12. You Deserve The Best
By Romie Rome for Musique Funkology.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Ohio Players - Jass-Ay-Lay-Dee

Today Marks The 46th Anniversary of The Ohio Players’ 11th Studio Album “Jass-Ay-Lay-Dee” Originally Released on July 24, 1978. “Jass-Ay-Lay...